Labels

Targeting Audiences : Genre Theory, Demographic and Psychographic

MAGAZINES : TARGETING AUDIENCES THROUGH DEMOGRAPHICS AND PSYCHOGRAPHICS. 

Here are my notes from a lesson about how media companies target audiences. I worked as a part of a group but participated in the discussion. (sorry for the messy notes)

The 2 magazines that are analyzed : 


ELLE KOREA FEBRUARY 2022 ISSUE x CHANNEL COCO CRUSH
FEATURING ; KIM JENNIE



TEEN MAGAZINE AUGUST 1999 ISSUE
FEATURING ; BRITNEY SPEARS

Here is the note that were made by my group. We analyzed the overall difference between demographics and psychographics of each magazine's target audience.


I also did another analysis of two different magazine genres - who are their target audience and how are they targeted. I did this as a test that was given by my teacher. The question asked "How are audiences targeted by the media?" and I used the ELLE Magazine, September 2023 Issue that features Kim Jennie as the star appeal and the GQ Sports, February 2022 Issue that features Stephen Curry as the star appeal. Here is my answer.

Reflection : Through this, I learned that Genre Theory is essential in creating a magazine as it helps to align the content with the audience expectations. The correct use of demographics and psychographics are also one of the main key to make a good magazine as they help to guide content creation by making it more relevant and engaging to the targeted audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment